By WHYY, Inc.
WURD, WHYY and Philadelphia Media Network (Daily News, Inquirer and Philly.com) invite you to join us for "Reimagining Race and Education." This event is the third installment of our Courageous Conversations series, which focuses on race, class and culture. Race plays out in many ways in our schools, from funding inequity, to conflict, to how students and teachers view themselves and are viewed. How can we confront these issues, which hurt the whole community, and turn them into opportunities for conversation, understanding, and change?
Event panelists include:
- Dr. Howard Stevenson — (Co-moderator) Constance Clayton Professor of Urban Education, University of Pennsylvania
- Pastor Allyn Waller – Senior Pastor, Enon Tabernacle Baptist Church
- Dr. Wagner Marseilles – Superintendent, Cheltenham School District
- Otis Hackney – Chief Education Officer, City of Philadelphia; formerly principal of Springfield Township High School (Montgomery County) and South Philadelphia High School
- Sara Goldrick-Rab – Professor of Higher Education Policy & Sociology, Temple University
- Kristin Graham – Pulitzer Prize-winning Education Reporter, Philadelphia Media Network
- Solomon Jones (Co-moderator) – Host of “Wake Up With WURD”, PMN/WHYY contributor